Greetings Beautiful People
Hope you’re all well.
Thank you for your emails, I really appreciate them and they inspire me to come up with more stuff. Speaking of which, the inspiration for this week’s edition was a video sent to me by an old friend (Section 4).
Cheers Wale, hope I’ve done it justice.
(TWW Research Team welcomes good music or any funny or inspirational stuff that you’d like to share - email sterling.to@gmail.com or freeformbeats@gmail.com).
1) QOTW
“Action
is a lack of balance. In order to act you must be somewhat insane. A
reasonably sensible man is satisfied with thinking.”
Georges Clemenceau
“I may not change the world, but I promise I will spark the brain that changes the world.”
Tupac Amaru Shakur
2) Story – Just One
Someone
with what appears to be mental health issues has just got on the
Bakerloo line northbound and proceeded to freak everyone out with his
otherworldly outfit and fantastic ramblings. Apprehension floods the
carriage like a Mexican wave as our guest speaker holds court. It’s
incredible, one madman vs about 25 people but he speaks with such
conviction no-one will even look at him, and on some level I get the
sense he’s revelling in this newfound power. It's amazing what one
focused individual can do.
Later that
same week I’m watching Stephen Fry’s Eye Spy on the telly. Mr Fry
believes in the goodness of human nature and has therefore created
scenarios to see how the British public will react to bigotry.
In
one scenario he has an actor play the part of an overzealous security
guard at a university event – cameras and microphones are set up so we
can see and hear the unwitting students queuing outside the venue. The
bouncer singles out three gentlemen of Asian descent and seperates them
from the queue. There are murmurs in the queue, the murmurs get louder
when he asks the three guys to take off their shoes “in case they have
bombs in them.” This song and dance continues and the other people in
the queue get more and more irate until a lone voice speaks up
questioning the security guard. The question is barely uttered before
two other people join in and then several others pipe up too.
In another
scenario a gay couple (who are in on the experiment) are seated in a
restaurant in Manchester and are subjected to the offensive jibes of
their waiter. Amongst other cringe-inducing comments he asks one of the
men: “So which one of you is the woman then?” Again the charade
continues while several diners get more and more fed up until finally an
American woman calls over a different member of staff for a quiet word
and says the waiter’s behaviour is unacceptable. A few minutes later she
speaks to the waiter directly and as soon as the other diners hear her
several join in to support her.
It reminds me
of a documentary I saw recently called IAM. In it there was an
explanation of how when you see a flock of birds flying and they change
direction what actually happens is that there is a kind of voting taking
place. Apparently when the number of birds that want to turn right
reaches a tipping point (ie 51%) then they all turn right…but I guess it
all starts with just one, right?
3) Song of the Week - “The Way” by Zach Hemsey:
4) Video of the Week - UNSTOPPABLE:
Have fun out there, be unstoppable.
Dx
No comments:
Post a Comment