Thursday, 2 January 2014

#15 - The Magic of Believing - Part 1

Greetings Beautiful People





1) QOTW
"I have read literally thousands of books on modern psychology, metaphysics, ancient magic, Voodooism, Yogism, Theosophy, Christian Science, Unity, Truth, New Thought, CouĂ©ism and many others dealing with what I call "Mind Stuff", as well as the philosophies and teachings of the great masters of the past.

Many were nonsensical, others strange, and many profound. Gradually I discovered that there is a golden thread that runs through all the teachings that makes them work for those who sincerely accept and apply them, and that thread can be named in a single word - belief."

Claude M Bristol, The Magic of Believing


2) "I can."

I am walking to Hampstead Heath with my girlfriend Elena when this license plate stops me dead in my tracks:





Last night I was reading chapter 7 of Og Mandino’s University of Success which was based on Richard Vos’ book Believe! It included the following excerpt:

“I can”. It is a powerful sentence: I can. It is amazing how many people can use that sentence realistically. For the overwhelming majority of people, that sentence can be a true one. It works. People can believe what they believe they can do. 

In addition to this I recently listened to Brian Tracey’s audio-book on public speaking Speak to Win and he said the most effective means he’d found to overcome nerves and boost confidence prior to delivering a speech was to repeat “I can do it! I can do it” emphatically to yourself.

(In your head obviously, you don’t want to freak people out.)

Sometimes the w0nd3r almost writes itself...
3) Poem


Thinking
by Walter D. Wintle


If you think you’re beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don’t.
If you’d like to win, but think you can’t,
It’s almost certain you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost.
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow’s will,
It’s all in the state of mind.
If you think you’re out-classed, you are;
You’ve got to think high to rise.
You’ve got to be sure of yourself,
If you ever want to obtain a prize.

Life’s battles does not always go,
To the stronger or faster man.
But, soon or late, the man who wins,
IS THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN!

4) Song -  I Can by Nas



"The first step is you have to say that you can."
Will Smith

Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment