Greetings Beautiful People
One of the reason I started blogging is because I was tired of receiving so many emails from companies trying to sell me stuff that I didn't want or need. I finally decided that instead of cursing under my breath about it every time it happened maybe I could actually do something; offer something which might actually be useful.
These are the kind of messages I receive now:
"Just finishing up Art of Original Thinking. Check this paragraph out:"
"What you bring to the table, no one else has - they have not had your experiences, they have not suffered your losses, they have not learned your lessons. You are a wellspring of originality. You are a mine full of jewels that others can use, as others are to you, rich with treasures only waiting to be found. And no matter how different we appear to be, on the inside we're all exactly the same - wanting to be loved, wanting to love, and wanting to be seen through the lens of compassion. To take this step toward public discourse, to reveal ourselves honestly and emotionally to others - this is, in itself, a generous gift. As Ramana Maharshi writes, "Your own self-realisation is the greatest service you can render to the world."
The Art of Original Thinking by Jan Phillips
Thanks to PJ for sharing this, I've asked him if he's up for writing a book review on The Art of Original Thinking that I can post and he said he will. Moving forward I intend to collaborate with other creatives and kindred spirits and feature their work. Inspiration is inspiration after all.
In fact if anyone reading this has anything inspiring you'd like to share drop me a line at freeformbeats@gmail.com or sterling.to@gmail.com.
Have a great weekend.
Dx

No comments:
Post a Comment