Wednesday, 20 May 2015

#152 - PROMISES PROMISES PROMISES!


Are you up-to-date on your promises? 

One of my mentors once told me that our abundance comes down to our perception and our perception comes down to our integrity, our ability to keep promises. 

Recently I challenged myself to make a List of Promises which I have made and not yet kept. 

It made for a very uncomfortable read...

Not only was the list a lot longer than I expected but afterwards I began to realise how easily I add to this list every day. So often my mouth is not connected to my brain or my diary:

"Yeah I'll email that stuff to you."
"Cool, I'll give you a call and we'll get together."


Often these promises come from me genuinely wanting to help people or spend time with them but I now understand that both a firm commitment to honour each and every promise I make and some way of recording all of them is essential. This is the only way my Promises Made to Promises Kept ratio (shout out to Brian Johnson) will be 1:1.

Perhaps more importantly than this, my word to myself and to others must be sacred for me to live with integrity. As a result I'm making two changes:

1) I'm now keeping a written record of every promise I make
2) I am making less promises 

I have to say though, working through this list feels really good...

Are you up-to-date on your promises? 


"Of all your promises, the most important ones are the ones you make to yourself."Mark Hernacki




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. I enjoyed stopping by your blog for the informative information you provided. Have a great rest of your day.
    Greg Prosmushkin

    ReplyDelete