Friday, 4 July 2014

#28 - There Is MORE In You

Greetings Beautiful People






1) Quote

"There is more in you than you have been expressing."
Les Brown




2) Limitless

When I first started blogging I wasn't sure if I'd be able to come up with stuff every week (which would be a problem considering I'd called the blog The Weekly Wonder). What if the ideas dried up? I also didn't like the idea of feeling obliged to write something every week. I shared my concerns with a friend. She told me that this was my ego speaking and that the ideas weren't coming from me, I was just a conduit that the information was flowing through. 



Truth cannot be proved or challenged because it is beyond words,
Yet you know it when it hits you.
It reminds you.
It strikes a chord in you.
Raises vibrations.
This is truth.


This was a turning point for me in terms of how I perceived my creative limits. It took my ego out of the equation and with it the feeling of pressure. 

Nowadays I have ideas for blog-posts (and other things) before I even get out of bed, ideas come to me when I meditate, when I run, they even come to me in dreams. This morning on my way out of the house an idea for an app came to me, I texted an entrepreneur I know who works in IT and he checked the technical spec and we were debating it this evening. This is an accelerated time where information exchange and the potential for growth and change are unprecedented.

Whoever you are and whatever you have done or expressed I know there is more in you.

Why?

Because you are connected to everything that is, whether you call it life, consciousness, the Universe or the Zero-Point Field doesn't matter. You are the miccrocosm in the macrocosm, the macrocosm in the microcosm and the mystic and the quantum physicist are shaking hands because the line between science and spirituality never actually existed. Not 
until we created it. 

"I think therefore I am" is the ego speaking and we've all seen where that intelligence has gotten us and the planet we inhabit. 

The more we let go of identification with the incessant thought of the ego and embrace the quiet whisper of intuition the more we open up as channels and the less we fit into nice neat boxes. I've found myself wearing many different hats over the years including, emcee, healer, martial artist, teacher, writer and speaker and I'm still just scratching the surface. I'm none of these things yet I am all of them. They are all just vehicles through which life is expressing itself and the more we all let go of labels, definitions and preconceived notions of ourselves and our limitations the more we will surprise ourselves.

This is an incredible time of challenge and change and I am thankful for all the wonderful people around me sharing this journey and the more I grow the more stars are coming into my orbit. 

I challenge you to choose your own genius over the slow death of conformity. I'm not just saying you're important, I'm saying without you the Universe is incomplete. 


"No man ever followed his genius till it misled him."
Henry David Thoreau


3) Video - Breathtaking Footage from Planet Earth Series




4) Video - Alan Watts, The Real You (3mins 58 secs)


Have fun out there.

Dx



No comments:

Post a Comment