Monday, 14 July 2014

#35 - Acceptance Part 1: The Poetic Paradox by Paul Jones

Greetings Beautiful People

Quick introduction for you; I'm a father, wannabe writer, family support system (immediate, extended & non blood) and a constant pain in my girlfriends arse! I find immense pleasure in conversation, conscious or otherwise and I'm literally the Devil's Advocate elect!
I'll pop in every now and then to share my random mind melts with you... Hope you enjoy.



Acceptance: The Poetic Paradox
"Acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality it brings something entirely new into this world. That peace, a subtle energy vibration, is consciousness."
Eckhart Tolle







In my time on this planet I've tried my best to create my own lane. One if my hobbies is crushing stereotypes and promoting individuality. I have some great people around me that I spar with and it makes me feel blessed to be surrounded by such a motley crew of beautiful spirits.  I've come to accept their quirks as they have mine. A recent convo with my partner in rhyme (and the captain of this blog-marine) highlighted the most important aspect of acceptance.
Accepting Oneself.

This isn't to devalue any of the good work we're already doing... It's hard being us, right?! Selfless and patient...

I have chats that range from work difficulties to relationship issues and everything in between. I've learnt that sometimes a few words of wisdom or experience is what is needed. Other times I'm just a spring board for a frustrated rant (no response required)!
It can become increasingly difficult watching a person you love, platonically or otherwise, repeat the same cycle. And you join them in this destructive dance...the sympathetic ear or consoling shoulder. We stand true, trying to stay free of judgement.

There's a point where you feel that you can't do anymore. Usually around then is where guilt kicks in. It's such a powerful emotion and we can sometimes get lost in this altruistic dimension. Keeping ourselves locked into a sort of self imposed duty. The funny thing about people that need you is that they always, erm, need you.
It sounds obvious but it should be just as obvious that you need You too! You need time to recharge. Rebuild. So you can be that rock for them.
Be at ease with choosing yourself once in a while. It really is worth it!

Don't fight against that feeling in the back of your head that's just had enough this week...

Accept it.


And if you find it hard to say it, then I will say it for you:

Go read that book, watch that movie, go sit in the park and relax. Those that need you will probably need you tomorrow as well. Take a quick look in the mirror and tell your reflection that just for today, I'm gonna do me. I'll save the world later...

Blessings & Guidance

PJ









No comments:

Post a Comment