Monday, 7 July 2014

#32 - What Lies Beneath?




Lions in an Ebony Grove, Zambia by Roger Hooper

What Lies Beneath?

I asked what lies beneath, but the Source of All was silent.
I thought I’d been ignored, in fact I felt quite sure.
So I again implored, but this time I asked the breeze.
I couldn’t hear its wisdom whisper, so I asked a tree.
And when the answer came and I saw it was the same,
I thought I’m tired of this game, but knew not who to blame.
Swallowing my pride I looked up towards the skies,
I asked the sun the moon and stars and soon after I sighed.
I asked the men of learning well respected by their peers
But few of them possessed a clue so what was I to do?
I finally supposed that perhaps no man should know,
And I forgot the question though its seeds were in my soul.
Until one day my mind was clear and I heard silence speak
“What lies beneath is you” it said, “that all-pervading Peace”.






No comments:

Post a Comment