Saturday, 2 August 2014

#43 - Taking the First Step




In the summer of 2013 I emailed a quotation to 4 friends. Two of them replied to say it was a great quote, so the following week I sent a quote to 6 people. Then I added a short story and cced more people...my friend Andrew called the mailout The Weekly Wonder which stuck...then came songs, images etc. Finally my friend and Modern Day Saint Paul Jones (see #35 Acceptance) went completely off the grid
and put "thew0nd3r.blogspot.com" together without any prior radio contact. He just emailed me the link and login details one day. 

A year on the blog continues to grow and me with it. I've had a few guest writers and I'm now considering whether I can monetise this mofo while maintaining its essence and intention, which was always to be another spark of light amongst the nameless trolls and dark matter floating through cyberspace.

Being a writer is the fulfillment of a childhood dream for me. Thanks in part to the w0nd3r I'm now writing a book entitled Rap Reloaded: The 5 Elements of Incredible Improv.   

When we have dreams or goals, sometimes they can seem so big or difficult that we talk ourselves out of them or we tell ourselves that we don't know where to start. 

But where we start isn't as important as starting itself. 

Maybe you have a goal, a dream, or an interesting idea you haven't acted on and it keeps whispering in your ear...calling you. (I'm assuming this idea is legal).  


You're going to die one day.

Why not take the first step?





No comments:

Post a Comment