Wednesday, 6 August 2014

#47 - "The Most Powerful Self-Development Tool in the World"

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication."
Leonardo Da Vinci

On July 5th 2013 I wrote down 15 goals I intended to accomplish over the next 12 months in an A5 pad. I kept the pad(s) by my bed and continued writing my goals down every morning over the next year. 

I discovered this technique reading Brian Tracy's brilliant book The Power of Self-Discipline, it's called The Ten Goal Exercise and Tracy calls it "the most powerful self-development tool in the world."



It's simply the process of writing your 10-15 goals down each day
(which takes about 5 minutes). This programs your subconscious mind so you are creating your goals from the inside out. It doesn't even require that you believe in the process (with time your belief grows with your successes anyway). 

“Once the subconscious mind accepts an idea it begins to spontaneously realise it.”Emile Coue's, Law of Concentrated Attention

This simple daily discipline changed me and my life massively. 



No comments:

Post a Comment