Sister Madonna Buder
I was on YouTube today listening to a show with a motivational speaker out of the US called Candyce Haynes.
A caller asked: "What is your personal growth plan?"
Candyce explained that while some people have bucket lists she has a Challenge List.
A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die and are often not acted upon until late in life when time seems to be running out (trailer for the movie Bucket List). By contrast a Challenge List involves challenges you set for yourself which require you to act every day.
It covers all areas: work, personal, health & fitness etc.
I like this idea a LOT. To-do lists are necessary but they don't usually inspire me whereas a Challenge List, that gets the old adrenaline flowing.
I'm definitely growing but even when I do make progress it's so easy to get comfortable at a new level and stop pushing myself out of my comfort zones. The thought of "facing fears" is a lot less fun than "taking on challenges". On reflection any significant personal growth for me has almost always come as a result of setting myself challenges eg studying hypnotherapy, learning to box, public speaking etc.
Thanks Candyce
http://www.candycemarie.com/
YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/CandyceMarie1
FB: www.facebook.com/candycehaynes
http://www.candycemarie.com/
YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/CandyceMarie1
FB: www.facebook.com/candycehaynes
LI: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/candyce-haynes/46/52a/35a
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CandyceMarie
If you were to write a Challenge List, what would you put on your list?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CandyceMarie
If you were to write a Challenge List, what would you put on your list?

No comments:
Post a Comment