There can be an unconscious zombiefied quality to this kind of living where we are glued to one screen after another and we lose the connection to ourselves and the present moment. Another day flies past and we haven't been present for much of it.
A mini-meditation is just one or two deep breaths with full awareness.
I've been using them more lately and I find they centre me and bring me back to the present moment. They're particularly useful when I'm stressed or I've allowed something or someone to take me off track.
A deep breath releases stress and triggers the relaxation response.
If this resonates with you try slipping a few mini-meds into the flow of your day and see what happens.
"Music is the space between the notes."
Claude Debussy

I love this and have been taking 3 deep conscious breaths every time I'm 'off centre' and it works wonders!!! A great 'reminder' of what is really important!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad it's working for you Audra. It's so simple but I find it's like pressing the reset button :)
Delete