Friday, 26 September 2014

#100 - How Do You Keep Score?

I was trying to find an image for the hundredth post but they were mostly boring or cheesy - this one actually made me smile.


I've often thought that you can be winning but feel like you are losing depending on how you are keeping score. Is your glass half-empty or half full? I was speaking with a friend of mine a few days ago and it was interesting because she made me realise that I was looking at the glass as half-empty. I was focusing on things I've screwed up and things I haven't done rather than what I am doing and where I am going. 

I write every day now and apart from blogging I'm also working on a book and developing as a speaker. I also have a good relationship and some amazing, supportive people around me. My circle is small now but it seems to be getting stronger as I get stronger. At this point I'm wiser, happier and healthier than I have ever been but instead of feeling grateful I was feeling self-critical. 

How about you - is your glass half-empty or half-full?

And how do you keep score?




No comments:

Post a Comment