#81 - Closing Loops
Earlier this year I attended a book-writing seminar by coach and author Raymond Aaron. One of the things he touched on was the importance of closing loops (he actually used the term "cycles" but I prefer "loop"). An open loop is anything you have started but not finished. It could be a project or something as simple as a phonecall you have said you would make. Raymond said that open loops takes up a certain amount of space in our brains and rob us of energy - when we close these loops we free up massive amounts of energy.
Interestingly the published authors I met at the seminar all seemed to confirm that writing a book closed a huge loop for them, freeing up space for new ideas and projects to come through.
He challenged the audience to pick one loop and close it today.
I'd like to pass that challenge on to you, what loop could you close today?
No comments:
Post a Comment