Monday, 6 October 2014
#109 - 8 Characteristics Of an Alpha Male
I first heard about the PUA (pick-up artist) scene while reading The Game by Neil Strauss. I was in the social science section of the library and it looked like a good read so I borrowed it. It was a great story. I read a few other books in the field but overall found the whole approach utilising NLP, "openers", magic tricks and all the rest of it manipulative and unnatural. It seemed to be all about style over substance.
In The Alpha Male System Charlie Valentino suggests that rather than learning techniques you just become the best man you can be and you will become that much more attractive as a by-product of that. I think we're living in a time where the way we define what a man or a woman is, is changing and it is challenging for us all. I like Valentino's take on this so I thought I would share.
Here are the 8 elements which Mr Valentino suggests are the characteristics of a strong man:
1. Physical Attraction
2. Confidence
3. Ambition
4. Displays of Expertise
5. Social Proof
6. Leadership
7. Ability to Connect
8. Life Experiences
What do you think?
Recommended Reading
Click here for link to The Alpha Male System on Amazon: UK / US
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment