I'm tempted to just end the post there :)
At the end of #97 - 5 Minutes a Day to Change Your Life I said I was going to visualise for 5 minutes every day for 21 days. The challenge was to focus on visualising intently with the strong feelings of accomplishing a goal.
Well, not only did I complete this 21-Day Challenge I managed to recruit 5 other Imagineers to join me on this noble quest. Shout out to the 21-Day Challenge Crew...
It was an amazing experience and what follows are some of my own learnings and successes. I'm listing things which seemed out of the ordinary:
Challenges
-limited beliefs: am I visualising what I want or what I think is possible? Do I deserve to have the things I want? This feels great and good things are happening, part of me feels uncomfortable with creating things so easily.
-self-sabotage: mind tried to procrastinate on visualising; mind tried to change goal of visualisation repeatedly or complicate things by bringing more than one goal into visualisation
Successes
-multiple job opportunities, several "out of nowhere"
-multiple speaking offers
-winning money and finding money
-first paid speaking gig (I actually offered to do it for free but author insisted)
-joined Professional Speakers Association
-feeling of greater control of myself and my life
Learnings-I need to have one major challenge/goal to focus on at a time
-we can influence events based on our thoughts, feeling and expectations
-time is subjective/relative
-our minds really are on auto-pilot 95% of the time
-the imagination has an intelligence of its own
-visualisation + action is powerful
Many of us found that visualising brought to the surface the "blocks" - the fears and limited beliefs preventing us from becoming who we really are. This wasn't comfortable or easy to face but it showed us what needed to be worked on.
We all experienced some magic and for a few of us I can honestly say it was life-changing.
I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in personal development, the mind or gaining a deeper understanding of themselves.
The next 21 Day Challenge (C#2) will run from Saturday 25th Oct - 14th Nov and 7 of us are taking part.
Do you accept the challenge?
It's only 5 minutes a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment